|Date Posted||June 23, 2022|
Clearwave Fiber, a 100% Fiber Optic Internet provider offering business, enterprise, and residential communications services, is expanding its network to reach new communities across the Midwest and Southeast regions. This new venture was formed from Hargray Fiber and Clearwave Communications. Clearwave Fiber has the financial backing of Cable One, GTCR, Stephens Capital, and The Pritzker Organization. Our Team of more than 400 colleagues is committed to delivering the most advanced technology and customer service. If you enjoy technology and are passionate about working with a new venture with strong investment partners, we'd like to invite you to consider joining us in this
What will make you successful in this role:
- You will have a proven good driving record with a valid Illinois Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with air brakes, combination and tanker endorsements within first 3 months of employment.
- Must have or obtain an Illinois Class A CDL (Commercial Driver's License) with air brakes, combination and tanker endorsements within first 3 months of employment.
- Resilience - the ability to stay cool, calm, and collected during difficult or challenging circumstances and bounce back with positivity.
- We love collaboration! Our ideal technician will be able to work in harmony with others while showing they can fly solo and work independently.
- Flexibility to go above and beyond for our customers by working overtime and on-call as needed in all weather conditions.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required. Our customers need you to help keep them connected to what matters most!
- High school diploma or GED.
How you will contribute to the Company's success:
- Conduct potholing (construction method that includes vacuum excavation) of utilities in work areas.
- Install underground conduit, handholes, and row markers as part of the overall construction application to install cables.
- Place underground pipe, innerducts, and vaults as part of the overall construction application to install cables.
- Accurately complete progress forms, project activity reports and all other documentation pertaining to work assignments.
- Operate crew vehicles, drilling equipment, vacuum excavation equipment, various equipment and conduit trailers, backhoe/mini-excavator, core drilling equipment and other tools and equipment normally used in horizontal directional drilling activities.
- Frames utility poles and completes utility pole transfers of existing cables to new pole location
- This position has the expectation and responsibility to take on other duties needed to help drive our Purpose, fulfill our Brand Principles, and abide by our Organization's Value.
Pre-hire processes: Cable One, Inc. is committed to keeping our associates and customers safe. Job offers are contingent upon the results of background, driving (if applicable), physical (if applicable), drug screening and reference check. Only after successfully passing these pre-hire clearances are individuals approved for hire and ready to start their successful and rewarding career.
Diversity lies in the communities we serve and among the associates who dedicate themselves to ensure our continued success. Here at Cable One, we believe it is our individual and unique talents, backgrounds and perspectives that, when combined, truly make us an unstoppable force. "Stronger Together" is not just a verbal cue, it is the motto that our associates live by, exemplify and embody each and every day. Cable One and all of its subsidiaries provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals of different race, creed, color, religion, national origin, nationality, ancestry, sex/gender, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable law.