|Location||Garden City, Kansas|
|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
Professional Engineering Consultants
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
Professional Engineering Consultants (PEC) was founded more than a half century ago as a full-service consulting firm providing mechanical, electrical, structural, civil, transportation, water and wastewater, land development, planning services; a broad range of field work including survey, geotechnical, construction inspection, testing, air and water balance capabilities; as well as the all the essential professions it takes to make it all come together for our public, private, and industrial clients. Headquartered in Wichita, Kansas, with additional locations in Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Colorado, our projects take us across the nation and around the world. At PEC, our employees have a passion for the communities where they work, live, and play.
If you are looking for a career path that provides the opportunity for you to reach your full potential, PEC is the place to be. PEC's team culture is built on our ability to solve problems through a collaborative process. We elevate each other by aligning personal strengths to professional development. Our engineers and staff do not just sit behind desks. We work together with other teams, make site visits, take tours, meet face-to-face with the clients, establish big goals, and set out to achieve them.
PEC in Garden City, KS has an intermediate-level position for an Experienced Construction Inspector. This position is responsible for inspecting and reporting on virtually every phase of the civil construction process.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily applications include electronic file management.
- Ensure that all contract documents represented by working drawings and specifications are properly executed by the contractors.
- Applicants must be able and willing to accept out of town projects, usually within the state of Kansas.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Basic knowledge of civil engineering principles, practices and methods as applicable to a municipal setting; working knowledge of applicable laws, standards and regulations relating to construction, inspection, safety and traffic control; considerable knowledge of public works inspection methods.
- Considerable skill in reading and interpreting construction drawings, plans, specifications and contract documents; skill in applying material testing procedures.
- Ability to prepare, organize and maintain inspection field and office data, reports and systems. Ability to perform required mathematical computations.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate complex technical information, orally and in writing, in a professional manner to contractors, developers, property owners, employees, consultants, other governmental agency representatives, City officials, general public, and Project Engineer. May occasionally deal with dissatisfied individuals.
- KDOT CITT.
- ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician Grade 1 certification is preferred but not required.
- Radiation Safety Training.
- Current / valid driver's license.
- Experience with word processing, databases, and spreadsheets.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Tools, Equipment and Software used:
- Smartphone, scan/copy machine, computer (tablet or laptop) and motor vehicles.
- Ability to operate personal computer, including Bluebeam Revu PDF technology and Microsoft office products, specifically word processing, spreadsheet, and data base software. Experience in operating tape measure, pressure gauges, testing equipment, engineering calculator, motor vehicle, and smartphone sufficient to perform job duties.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.