|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
Trades & Services
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Compensation Analyst manages the development, design, implementation, and administration of the company's salary structures as well as salary survey participation. Requires a solid understanding of business operations. Performs job and salary analyses to assist in evaluating internal equity, external competitiveness and legal compliance. Provides recommendations to senior business leaders for resolving compensation issues and ensuring compliance to regulatory requirements. In-state and out of state travel is required and at times is frequent depending on business need.
- Reviews and analyzes hourly and salaried job information. Reviews, revises and/or writes job descriptions based on discussions with Hiring Managers.
- Reviews jobs and recommends appropriate grade level(s) assignment based on Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) exemptions, market data and internal job benchmarks.
- Develops, records and coordinates implementation of approved job title, grade and other related coding through the job creation process.
- Participates in and/or conducts salary surveys. Analyzes market data to evaluate competitive position to the market and makes recommendations. Recommends changes to salary ranges based on analysis.
- Communicates with business unit management regarding employee compensation issues. Conducts training sessions in person and virtually as appropriate.
- Develops compensation reports. Assists in program and initiative development and presentation to management.
- Remains current on personnel policies and compensation programs and practices. Stays informed on new and pending laws and regulations.
- Weekly participation with external Compensation vendor.
- Ensures that external market tool has up to date job descriptions.
- Provide support and back-up to Human Resource Department as needed.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Facilitates improvement processes regarding team performance.
- Prepare incentives and bonuses on a monthly, quarterly, or annual basis as necessary.
- Work with external Compensation Consultants on an annual basis or as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Statistics, or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years' of progressively responsible human resource compensation experience in salary survey analysis, benchmarking, and job description development.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio and experience with HRIS systems.
- Experience working with compensation principles, practices and procedures.
- Proven ability to build and maintain partnerships and solid working relationships with key stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to think strategically and view the business from a general management standpoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to make formal presentations in front of large audiences as needed.
- Ability to operate in fast-paced, dynamic environment, handle adversity and frequent change, and balance workload with multiple and competing priorities.
- Customer-service focus, with demonstrated experience dealing successfully with front-line internal and external customers.
- Ability to understand and apply federal, state and local changes and/or new regulations/laws pertaining to human resources.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality regarding employee information.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- CCP certification.
- Prior experience with public/charter schools, in an HR capacity.
- Prior experience with non-profit/social services organizations.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.