|Location||Santa Ana, California|
|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
Do you feel like you're stuck in a rut with your current job?
If you like working with people, being outside, and solving problems, then you should consider joining the Sprague Pest Solutions family as a Commercial Pest Control Technician!
Sprague Pest Solutions is one of the fastest-growing commercial pest control companies in the West, headquartered in Tacoma, WA. We are regularly looking for adventurous, quality-focused, hardworking people pleasers to join our team. No experience is necessary; our safety-focused training program will teach you everything you need to know to identify, control, and prevent pest problems the Sprague way.
Becoming a Pest Control Technician with Sprague is an opportunity to start a rewarding career in a supportive and values-driven company culture. If this sounds like you, then send us your resume and let's chat!
What you'll do:
Learn about all sorts of rodent, insect, flying, and crawling pests, study for licensing exams, and participate in regular training to maintain certifications in a variety of pest control topics
Build professional relationships with clients and learn about their unique business challenges
Inspect client sites for pest activity and apply a combination of mechanical, biological, and chemical tools to prevent and control pest issues
Manage your own route and schedule to ensure clients receive timely, top-quality service
Help protect the health and safety of your community by recognizing and controlling pest problems
What we do at Sprague:
Working for Sprague means passionately delivering uncompromising service. We focus on our commitment to our clients and ourselves; consistency, accountability, respect, teamwork among co-workers, our clients, and the community; and environmental responsibility in our approach to pest prevention.
What you'll get working here:
Salary: $20-25/hr to start (depending on experience) plus performance bonuses and sales commissions (Estimated annual $42,000-$55,000)
A take-home service vehicle with gas card
Company-provided phone, uniforms, and safety equipment
On-the-job training and licensing
Pride in your work and the Sprague mission
A supportive team environment based on family values
Unlimited growth opportunities, with tuition assistance and leadership training
Health, Vision, Dental Insurance within 30 days of hire
401K after 1 year, with 100% match up to 3% plus 50% match up to 6%
Paid time off: Personal time available day 1, holiday and vacation time after 90 days
Childcare assistance and college savings plan
What you bring to this role:
- No experience is necessary, though many qualified candidates have:
- 2+ years in warehousing, logistics, construction, food service, or other physically demanding jobs
- 1+ years customer service experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Attention to detail and high standards of work quality
- Hunger for knowledge and professional development
- Competitive approach to both individual and team performance
- Proof of Covid-19 Vaccination
Detailed Job Description:
The primary function of the Pest Control Technician (Route Manager) is to manage a dedicated route, providing pest control and inspection services to commercial clients according to established standards for timeliness and quality. The Route Manager will develop cordial professional relationships with clients to fully understand their unique business challenges, offer knowledgeable guidance, recommend actions, and solve a wide variety of pest management problems. The Route Manager reports to the Branch Manager and partners with Operations Managers, Sales Reps, and a team of technicians to continually grow and improve business operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a dedicated route of commercial clients, delivering uncompromising service in a professional, safe, friendly, and cordial manner
- Participate in training and certification programs, then apply knowledge to locate, identify, destroy, control, and repel pests
- Partner with client and technical specialists to solve complicated pest problems
- Provide proactive, knowledgeable guidance to customers, effectively communicating options and recommendations for managing new or complex pest problems
- Provide uncompromising service, aiming to exceed client expectations in every interaction
- Set up, monitor, and tear down equipment for new installations and specialized treatments
- Respond quickly and professionally to client complaints and service requests
- Work a flexible schedule as needed to meet client expectations, managing schedule and route to address urgent and unscheduled services in a timely manner
- Drive and maintain a clean, safe, and well-organized company service vehicle according to Sprague and DOT standards
- Maintain proper inventory of tools, equipment, and materials in company vehicle
- Seek out opportunities to grow accounts and branch sales by asking for referrals, speaking with clients about add-on services, products and equipment, and logging leads for the sales team
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with customers, peers, and managers
- Ability to set priorities and manage time to accomplish work goals according to quality standards and deadlines
- Ability to adapt quickly and work effectively in varying environments and job site conditions
- Ability to perform effectively with minimal direction, self-direct work, and escalate problems to manager where appropriate
- Attention to detail and ability to recognize and correct errors and inconsistencies
- Ability to navigate conflict, recommend options, and facilitate solutions that best serve the client and the company's objectives and values
- Proficiency in computer software and systems including, but not limited to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), scheduling and mapping software, smartphone applications, and web-based portals; ability to learn new software quickly
W. B. Sprague Company Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a satisfactory motor vehicle record report that is checked annually.
Sprague Pest Solutions is an Equal Opportunity employer and promotes diversity through a culture of inclusion and opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. We are a drug and smoke-free environment.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.