|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
CNC Repair Technician - 2nd Shift
Category Maintenance & Repair
Segment Kaman Aerospace
Shift Shift 2
# of Openings 1
We have an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Mechanic to join our team in Bloomfield, CT. The Maintenance Mechanic performs all operations to ensure continual operation of equipment and facility with a strong emphasis on CNC service maintenance.
This is a second shift position. Hours are 3:30PM - 1AM - this includes one hour of mandatory overtime at the end of shift for a required 45 hour week.
OT pay is 1.5x the hourly rate for all hours in excess of 40 in a week.
Kaman Specialty Bearings & Engineered Products, a division of Kaman Corporation, located in Bloomfield CT, is a leader in the design and manufacture of high technology mechanical products, such as self-lubricated bearings and driveline couplings, used in aviation, marine, hydropower and other industrial applications.
Power your career with an industry leader that powers the future.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as a troubleshooter and repair equipment and building utilities. Resolve problems or refer problems to appropriate individual.
- Perform preventive maintenance with work orders on manual and automated machinery, including CNC lathes, millers, saws, grinding and honing equipment.
- Respond to emergency breakdowns of equipment to keep production loss to a minimum.
- Inspect equipment to evaluate conditions that could lead to production breakdowns or unsafe conditions. Report problems to supervision.
- Train mechanics in operations and processes.
- Maintain clean and safe work environment. Follow safety and environmental procedures and regulations. Report safety incidents to supervisor.
- Make recommendations for improvements to work processes. Contribute to 5S program in work area.
- Provide a high level of service to all internal and external customers. Contribute to positive teamwork environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Participate in training/learning other positions. Accomplish related results as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 6 years of maintenance experience required
- Maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic CNC programming
- Basic mathematics
- Blueprint reading
- Calibrating instruments
- Ability to work overtime and weekends to meet customer needs
Kaman Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer
Kaman Corporation considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law. Kaman Corporation and all of its related companies fully endorse equal opportunity for all. Kaman provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures and/or process. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process. For more information, please click here for a notice that provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP).
Positions at Kaman require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). These laws limit access rights for non-US Persons or other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, applicants may be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residence, or U.S. Immigration Status. All such inquiries are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.