|Date Posted||September 19, 2022|
Trades & Services
If you're looking for a way to make a difference in the life of a child, we may have the right position for you as a teacher assistant in the classroom. We are looking for dedicated individuals who have the ability to be patient and the commitment to making the early childhood classroom experience meaningful and enriching. You will be working in our center and making connections with young learners and their families. In the classroom, you will be tasked to assist with a variety of learning activities that help prepare young minds to be learners for life. Your role will be as a partner to the classroom teacher in activities and lessons geared toward children from the ages of four months to five years.
- Partner with the classroom teacher and work with published curriculum guides when planning enriching activities that encourage cognitive, emotional and academic development.
- Provide assistance to the classroom teacher when delivering instruction, by preparing crafting centers, distributing materials for instruction, encouraging children to participate, giving directions, supervising small groups of students and motivating children to be creative.
- Support children with special needs during classroom activities by ensuring their engagement during the activity, accommodating disabilities and clarifying directions.
- Converse with parents on a daily basis about their child's progress toward academic and social goals in the classroom setting.
- Supervise children during unstructured time or play in order to make sure every child is safe and accounted for.
- Work with a team of individuals to help promote the learning center's mission and high level of instruction.
- Create positive relationships with community members and local businesses in order to provide a network of support to learners.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Experience working with children with a variety of needs
- Two or more years of college with coursework in education or child development
- CPR and first aid training certificate or the ability to obtain one
- A caring and patient personality
- Bachelor's degree in education or another related field
- Experience with classroom interventions or behavior management