|Location||Shawnee Mission, Kansas|
|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
Requisition ID: 153182
Job Level: Mid Level
Home District/Group: DHO Kiewit Supply Network
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Supply Network is looking for a Buildings Procurement Specialist II / III to join the team and help us continue to operate at the highest quality. Would you like to purchase the highest quality materials at the lowest possible cost for Kiewit Supply Network? What about Negotiate, renegotiate, and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors and other representatives? Individuals with experience in an engineering and/or construction related role as well as basic procurement experience is desired, but not required. We're looking for a team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives. Someone that is detail-oriented, highly motivated with ability to effectively manage time.
Kiewit Supply Network group specializes in providing comprehensive procurement services to clients across the construction and engineering industries in multiple markets, including transportation; water/wastewater; power; oil, gas and chemical; building; and mining. Our key objectives are to offer clients a world-class service focused on ensuring equipment, materials and services are consistently estimated and procured at the right price. We strive to offer an appropriate level of quality and ensure materials and services are delivered on schedule and in compliance with the client's specifications and expectations.
This position is based out of our office in Lenexa, KS. This is a shared service environment in a professional office setting.
- Gain understanding of different Building execution approaches between Kiewit markets, both during estimates and during production / execution
- Establish / maintain relationship with 1Estimating personnel focused on Buildings and the Industrial Buildings Group (IBG)
- Develop and further internal relationship between Kiewit Building Group and Kiewit Supply Network
- Vendor Relationship
- Identify / develop regional knowledge of subcontractors and suppliers and maintain in a documented fashion
- Develop relationships with key vendors - suppliers and subcontractors, in tandem with other Kiewit personnel with established relationships. This will include vendors for building GC work and for individual Buildings trades work
- Develop and maintain vendor database / AVL for all things buildings
- Maintain a zipper plan for key Subcontractors & Suppliers to define interface across disciplines, responsibilities and levels of authority
- Understand all KSN contract templates, particularly the Subcontract, and be familiar on nuances that impact building scope of work. For example - fall protection requirements, erection sequencing, etc.
- Work with Industrial Buildings Group Subcontract Management team to identify gaps in contract and propose changes through KSN Contract Support Services group
- Provide input into Scope of Work Checklists toolbox for Buildings
- Support in negotiation of buildings-related contracts for production jobs
- RFP Process
- Gain deeper understanding of developing Building RFPs and scopes of work through working with Industrial Buildings Group
- Participate in / develop decision making process for RFP strategy - GC vs Individual building subcontracts. Provide consistency to ensure such decisions and strategies are maintained from estimating to production / execution.
- Work with 1 Estimating and Industrial Buildings Group to update and maintain QCS documents
- Be an expert on industry trends for all things buildings and assist with cost escalation model for buildings related procurement packages at the estimating stage of the project
- Understand the cost drivers and offer value engineering and cost savings/avoidance options
- Setup market basket and work with 1Estimating and Industrial Buildings Group to establish and maintain historical pricing
- Participate in Category Management initiative within KSN for Buildings
- Proposal Solicitation / Evaluation
- Manage activities around issuing the RFPs (bid list, schedule, RFP content, etc.)
- Receive and review proposals and bid forms
- Populate QCSs and participate in applicable QCS reviews
- Be the commercial/procurement Owner of the QCS at sponsor sign-off
- Manage and resolve bidder clarifications and addendums
- ? Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, supply chain management, construction management or related
- ? At least 3 - 6 years' experience in an engineering and/or construction related role required.
- ? Proficient in Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word, Excel)
- ? General knowledge of database utilization
- ? SAP Experience a plus
- ? Thorough understanding of all areas of procurement is desirable, including procurement execution, estimating, expediting, offsite supplier quality and site purchasing
- ? ?Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
- ? ?Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
- ? ?Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
- ? ?Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
- Regular, reliable attendance
- Work productively and meet deadlines timely
- Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
- Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
- Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that's among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.