|Date Posted||June 22, 2022|
NOVA Engineering is currently seeking ICC-certified Commercial and Residential Building Code Inspectors for immediate hire in the Atlanta, GA metro area. We are open to hiring experienced construction professionals who can quickly pass ICC exams and obtain licensure.
Primary duties will include performing building code inspections and/or plans review (building, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing - as licensed) on residential buildings, as well as managing specific projects related to these types of code inspections. The inspector positions are predominantly field located but may occasionally include office assignments, whereas the Plan Examiners positions are primarily office-based.
In addition to our welcoming company culture and competitive compensation packages, our employees enjoy the below benefits:
- Comprehensive group medical insurance, including health, dental and vision
- Opportunity for professional growth and advancement
- Certification reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Company-observed paid holidays
- Company paid life insurance for employee, spouse and children
- Company paid short term disability coverage
- Other supplemental benefit offerings including long-term disability, critical illness, accident and identity theft protection
- 401K retirement with company matching of 50% on the first 6% of employee contributions
- Wellness program with incentives
- Employee Assistance Program
- Use of take-home Company Vehicle for daily travel to work sites
- Building Code Review and/or Quality Control Inspections
- Prepare written and electronic reports, and issue notices of correction
- Explain and interpret code and/or quality control regulations or requirements
- Recognize, evaluate and properly resolve unique problems or situations
- Maintain effective customer service relationship with clients and the public
- Assist the inspection management team with business development
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Manager
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Education
- ICC Commercial building inspection licenses in the following disciplines: building, mechanical, electrical and/or plumbing is required
- 5+ years of general residential construction experience (home building, general contracting, etc) with the ability pass International Code Council (ICC) Residential Building Code Inspector exams and obtain licensure within a 60 days.
- High School diploma or equivalent education
- Valid State Driver's license with clean driving record
NOVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. NOVA does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.