|Date Posted||June 22, 2022|
Trades & Services
Sarasota, FL (East Coast)
Akron Biotech, a leading supplier of cGMP compliant materials and technologies for cell and gene therapy, is looking for an Automation & Controls Technician. The Automation & Controls Technician will be responsible for supporting manufacturing operations consisting of multiple control systems including Building Management System (BMS), Environmental Monitoring System (EMS) and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA). Installation, commissioning, maintenance and troubleshooting of Programmable Automation Controllers (PAC), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Remote IO, and Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) in a cGMP manufacturing environment are the primary responsibilities of this role.
- Maintains, troubleshoots, and modifies PAC/PLC logic, field sensors, remote IO, VFD's and HMI screens with the guidance of the Automation Engineer for all control systems associated with manufacturing equipment (SCADA), monitoring systems (EMS), building management systems (BMS) and all other utility systems for GMP and non-GMP operations.
- Maintain a safe work environment; work in a safe manner following all safety SOP's and wear Personal Protective Equipment as required.
- Assist with maintaining automation and controls related SOPs to meet cGMP requirements and internal company policies.
- Assist Automation Engineer with change control processes when updating or upgrading automation and controls related equipment or systems.
- Support production related investigations, ensuring compliance with internal standards and regulatory requirements.
- Support contractors as required to complete required automation and controls work.
- Perform other duties to support operations as assigned by management.
- Provide support which may be outside of normal working hours including nights, weekends, and holidays on an as needed basis.
- High school diploma required. Associates degree in automation technology or related field preferred.
- Five (5) or more years' experience working as an automation and controls technician in a manufacturing environment. Pharmaceutical or Life Sciences industry experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with the following controls platforms:
- Rockwell Automation
- Studio 5000 Logix Designer (required)
- RSLogix 500 (optional)
- FactoryTalkView SE (preferred)
- PlantPAx 5.0 DCS (preferred)
- Siemens Simatic (optional)
- Wonderware In Touch (optional)
- Experience with electrical systems ranging from 24Vdc to 480 Vac 3 phase
- Knowledge of motors, starters, contactors, and variable frequency drives required. Allen Bradley PowerFlex VFD's or similar required.
- Understanding of communication and network protocols including Ethernet, Ethernet/IP, Profinet, Profibus, BacNet, Modbus TCP/IP, and OPC UA/DA.
- Understanding of P&ID's, mechanical, electrical and controls drawings required.
- Experience drafting with CAD useful, not mandatory.
- Experience with sourcing/measuring equipment including multi-meters, calibrators, etc.
- General knowledge of common hand and power tools.
- Knowledge of safety and environmental rules and regulations concerning procedures, tools, mechanical and electrified equipment, commonly used chemicals and basic safe work practices is required.
- Experience with Microsoft (MS) Operating Systems, MS-Office software, i.e. Office 365 - Excel, Word, etc.
- Must possess a welcoming manner and positive attitude; demonstrate effective communication skills; ability to professionally interact with guests and other employees; and assist in handling internal work orders, involving management as necessary.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.