|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
A successful Lineman Trainee shall train and work alongside experienced Foremen/Linemen to access specific areas and install, maintain, and/or repair a customer's telecommunications equipment. At a minimum, the position requires; good working knowledge of hand tools, ladders, and vehicles as well as the functionality of each; the ability to use cable placement equipment and tools; the ability to identify and troubleshoot problems.
- the ability to work safely, with or without supervision;
- the ability to work standing, at shoulder height and overhead, for extended periods;
- the ability to lift and manipulate lasher and other cable placement equipment;
- excellent manual dexterity;
- the ability to follow instructions and communicate verbally and in writing;
- the ability to fully understand and operate equipment, including, but not limited to an aerial lift device, lasher, and hand tools
- Completion of low level and high-level labor-intensive tasks as well as operation of assigned construction equipment.
- Completion of daily production reports to document work performed.
- Use of hand tools, ladders, and equipment to assist in the completion of an assigned project.
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and work areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Additional Duties as assigned.
- 2 years of related work experience.
- Proficient in the use of hand tools and equipment. (Wrenches, Drills, Ladders, Lanyards, Fork Lifts, Saws, etc.)
- Proficient in the use of telecom construction equipment. (Aerial Lifts, Dozers, Lashers, Meters, Plows, etc.)
- Authorized to work in the United States.
Applicants are required to pass all company drug testing, submit to a background check and adhere to all OSHA, state, city/municipality safety requirements and training provided by the company as required.
What Kanaan offers:
- Opportunity to work in a growing company
- Competitive Pay and weekly paychecks
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Benefits Package:
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Plans
- Life Insurance
- Long & Short Term Disability
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Monthly Stock Investment Plan
- Educational Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account
- Cigna Critical Illness & Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance Plan
- SurgeryPlus service
- Teladoc System
Who we are:
Kanaan Communications, LLC provides a wide range of services to telecommunications providers including engineering services; outside plant construction (Aerial/Underground); plant maintenance; network upgrades including node splits, fiber & coax splicing, and activation/certification work. Kanaan has a specialized power supply team providing maintenance, capital improvements, and on-demand services. Join the Kanaan Communications Team!
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind including, based on disability and protected veteran status. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the EEO is the Law poster and the Supplement. ()
The Company also does not consider criminal convictions to be an absolute bar to employment and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Applicants applying for positions in Illinois are not required to disclose arrests or sealed or expunged records of convictions.