|Location||White Plains, New York|
|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
This position is eligible for up to $2,000 in Welcome Bonuses throughout the first year of employment.
An additional Sign On Bonus will apply as well.
Effective 12/27/2021, New York City implemented a COVID-19 vaccination mandate for all private sector workers who perform in person work or who interact with the public in the course of business within the five boroughs of the City. All covered workers must either provide proof of being fully vaccinated or have an approved reasonable accommodation due to disability or religious belief.
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits , locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!
Appraisers perform a variety of duties. To name a few, perform vehicle inspections, prepare repair estimates, determine items that are not payable, issue claim payments and verify that repairs are completed accordingly. Communication and Customer Service are so important!
This work can be complex and technical so explaining the extent of vehicle damage and what it will take to fix the vehicle in terms a customer can understand is necessary.
- Utilizes automated estimating systems to prepare repair estimates.
- Review supplement requests and make subsequent adjustments to estimates.
- Provides technical support to claim handlers on vehicle repair issues.
- Uses estimating vendor tools and the Enterprise Claims System (ECS).
- Applies knowledge of market value and other factors affecting reparability issues.
- Refers information on possible vehicle total loss claims to the appropriate contact.
- Evaluates bid content and photo documentation, vehicle damage, causation issues, and potential suspicious loss indicators.
- Completes necessary claim file documentation in ECS in support of subsequent claim handling.
- Applies thorough understanding of Standard Claim Process and Auto Damage Service Programs (ADSP).
- Continuously develops professional/technical expertise regarding vehicle repair trends, automated estimating systems, repair techniques, tools, and other industry-related topics.
MUST reside in/near the following cities in the Metro NY areas
This is not negotiable.
West Chester, NY
We Are Looking for Candidates With:
- Auto collision repair, auto damage estimating, and/or auto insurance appraiser experience are required.
- Ability to adequately evaluate vehicle damage and create repair estimates which may require stooping, bending, and some physical lifting.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to vary work locations to include home, vehicle, or other locations suitable for completion of assigned responsibilities.
- Motor Vehicle Physical Damage Appraiser License (preferred).
Hours of Operation: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. / Monday - Friday. Employees in these roles may be expected to work irregular hours, including weekends. Periodic overtime may also be required.
Travel Requirements: This job may require significant driving to multiple auto repair facilities, salvage yards, and customer homes. Day travel outside of immediate area listed on job location should also be expected, as well as occasional need for overnight travel. Must have a valid driver's license. A company car may be provided for business use only.
Training Details: Paid training is provided through web-based applications and classroom training. This may require overnight travel for up to two weeks at a time.
Licensing (if required): Continued employment is contingent upon meeting requirements necessary to obtain appropriate state(s) mandated licenses. This includes successfully completing all applicable licensing exam(s), background checks & MVRs required of various state(s). Failure to do so may result in rescission of job offer and/or termination.
Next Steps: Competitive candidates may be invited to participate in pre-employment testing and/or the interview process. This is where the excitement begins!
Benefits: Learn more about our benefits at State Farm Careers!