|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
Trades & Services
We are offering a $10,000.00 Sign on Bonus for our 2nd Shift Diesel Mechanic to perform preventative maintenance on our fleet of garbage trucks and heavy equipment machines at our site inSouth Austin, Texas.Individuals with 1+ years experience working on heavy diesel trucks or those that have completed a Diesel Technology program are encouraged to apply.
This position has a 3:30PM start time, 8-10 hour shift, with occasional overtime. Great pay, benefits and lots of room for growth!
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Performs maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Preferably 1+ year experience in heavy truck equipment maintenance and repair or completion of a diesel tech program or good attitude, willingness to learn, and strong work ethic is a preferred quality.
- Ability to read and comprehend service and technical information.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future". For more information please visit or call Serina Garcia at .
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)