JOB POSTING #WIN119
POSITION: DIRECTOR – PROJECT MANAGEMENT
LONGUEUIL, qUEBEC (canada)
As a leading Canadian independent renewable power producer, Innergex develops, owns and operates run-of-river hydroelectric facilities, wind farms and solar photovoltaic parks. Active since 1990, the Company carries out operations in Quebec, Ontario and British Columbia, Canada, in France and in Idaho, USA. Innergex employs more than 150 people and has offices in Longueuil, Quebec, Vancouver, British Columbia and in Lyon, France. The Company promotes teamwork, while respecting each employee’s individual competencies and aspirations.
The chosen candidate will be based in Longueil, Quebec, with regular travel required in Canada and the USA.
Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Senior Vice President – Wind and Solar Project Management, the Director - Project Management is responsible for the planning and construction of projects in Canada and the USA in in accordance with deadlines and budgets and for providing support on construction and equipment issues for projects under development and for acquisitions.
Responsibilities include developing project implementation strategy and structure, negotiating major contracts and mobilising and guiding appropriate internal and external resources in order to deliver projects according to plan while taking into consideration social acceptance, regulatory requirements and quality control throughout project life cycle.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Develop project costing structures and project cost estimates;
- Manage procurement and contracting strategies and processes and negotiate and/or review major contracts;
- Oversee implementation of projects from the initial construction phases through to commissioning;
- Develop project execution plans and high-level project management documentation;
- Support permitting process through all phases of the project;
- Support project or portfolio acquisitions by managing due diligence of technical, construction and operations aspects;
- Ensure project knowledge is communicated/coordinated between resources and departments (multi-disciplinary approach);
- Staff and develop project implementation teams needed to achieve project goals;
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise employees and contractors, and influence them to to be highly pro-active and accountable;
- Manage and monitor electricity off-taker and network operator project level relations, obligations and deliverables;
- Establish and manage relationships and monitor agreements with external partners/vendors;
- In collaboration with senior management, regularly evaluate the efficiency of business procedures for project management in line with organizational objectives and apply required improvements;
- Manage costs and review against budgets to promote profitability. Approve invoices;
- Develop and implement effective transition plans from development to construction to operations;
- Ensure that all work is performed in conformity with applicable laws and regulations.
- Strong understanding of renewable energy project development;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (knowledge of French is an advantage);
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), working knowledge of French is a strong asset;
- Service-oriented with commitment to working within a multi-disciplinary team environment;
- Excellent team management, organization and priority defining skills;
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines in a dynamic and professional environment;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, self-starter and energetic;
- Must be available to travel on a regular basis, approximately 25 to 30% of the time;
- Proficient in MS-Office, particularly Excel.
- Professional level engineer or equivalent relevant work experience;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in design, construction and project management, including a minimum of 5 years in wind or solar energy projects.
HR@Innergex.com & www.Innergex.com
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The masculine is used in the publication without prejudice for the sake of conciseness.