Making a World of Difference -At Ecova, we believe each individual, no matter the role, can make a difference for our clients, the environment and for themselves. Ecova is built on a strong foundation of integrity, community, leadership, persistence and urgency.
Our highest goal is to be the market leading, trusted advisor to organizations driven to maximize results, reduce expenses, manage risk and improve environmental performance. Our focus is to grow results on saving resources for our clients – from utilities to facilities. We apply data-driven insights – from demand to impact – to target inefficiencies and See More, Save More and Sustain More for our clients.
We strive to deliver results and innovation through efforts of our unparalleled people to each and every client with whom we engage. We’re on the look-out for team players to work with us in serving as an integral extension of our clients to measure, analyze and improve resource management. Come join the Ecova family… together we can Make a World of Difference.
This senior level position is a key contributor in achieving program objectives by applying technical and organizational aspects of energy efficiency.
- The Energy Consultant will use analytical and intrapersonal skills to support utility program participants in reaching their energy efficiency goals by performing the following representative activities:
- Recruit businesses into utility energy efficiency programs by providing technical sales expertise and leadership
- Collaborates with company decision makers to identify and prioritize energy savings projects; works to secure commitments to complete projects; follows up with contractors and other stakeholders to ensure projects have been completed
- Support clients in establishing energy management goals and developing and executing strategies to achieve them. Activities may be wide ranging
- Perform on-site energy audits and energy analyses, including recommendations for operational efficiencies and energy savings opportunities.
- Provide mentoring and training in area of expertise to other team members.
- Prepare ad-hoc and formal energy reports for internal and external audiences
- Identifies and trains select contractors to understand rebate program terms & conditions
- Responsible for managing program staff, project tracking, client reporting, and representing Ecova to utility
- 4-year degree in business or engineering preferred
- Advanced knowledge of energy management, building systems (HVAC, lighting) and/or industrial processes
- Experience selling energy efficiency projects to businesses, including high profile accounts, and an understanding of how to incorporate utility energy efficiency programs in the sales process
- Proficient working knowledge of MS business applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Understanding of electric, gas and water rates
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) Preferred
- Knowledge of utility rebate programs
- Ten years of direct experience in energy management, technical sales or business development in an energy related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to influence decisions at all levels of an organization (site manager to energy manager to CFO)
- Experience managing profit and loss for a product or program
- Experience estimating energy savings and documenting assumptions
- Experience conducting energy audits (ASHRAE Level 2 equivalent)
- Experience working with external customers and matrixed organizations
- Experience working with and supervising teams
- Experience working from a remote office / home office
- Ability to speak to clients regarding business case and operations planning.
- Excellent relationship-building skills, with the ability to understand customer needs and collaborate with internal and external team players to create a solution to meet client needs
- Strong motivational, organizational, written and oral communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Expert with Excel (including work with Pivot tables), Word, and PowerPoint to collect, interpret and present data
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and conflicting priorities
- Valid Driver License and access to reliable transportation required
Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. We are a performance-based culture and have goal-based incentive programs and generous employee benefits. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, vision insurance, life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts and 401(k) with a generous employer match.
Ecova is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.