FS Energy, is a market-transforming, energy services company and a division of FirstService Corporation (“FirstService”) [NASDAQ:FSRV]. FirstService is a world leader in property management with over $2.3b sq.ft of managed real-estate globally and over 1b sq.ft in residential property across North America. FS Energy’s mission is to reduce the energy consumption and operating costs by 25% across FirstService’s portfolio of managed properties.
To achieve that goal, FS Energy has developed a unique, holistic approach that centers on its creation of a proprietary energy benchmarking database. This database includes comprehensive historical energy consumption data for hundreds of residential and commercial buildings. FS Energy utilizes this data to determine its Building Energy Rating Guide (BERG) score and provides each managed property an Energy Scorecard.By applying this data analysis and comparison of energy consumption across its portfolio, FS Energy is able to develop and implement customized energy solutions to a property.Visit our website at www.fsenergyservices.com .
FS Energy is seeking a Director of Energy Management to join our team in Florida.
FS Energy will be launching in Florida in 2012 and will work closely with the management team of the Continental Group (“Continental”), FirstService’s residential management company headquartered in Hollywood, FL.
· Present Energy Scorecards to Continental’s portfolio of managed high-rises and educate and engage condominium owners on their energy consumption and reduction opportunities
· Evaluate properties and then develop and present energy reduction solutions including both low-cost/no-cost solutions as well as larger retrofit projects
· The role will engage with third-party engineers and solution providers to create energy retrofit projects and ROI analysis to assist condominium owners in making financially sound energy investment decisions
· Work with FirstService Financial and others to develop financing solutions for capital projects
· Build and maintain customer relationships, identify opportunities and provide FS Energy Service solutions that meet the customer’s needs
· Assist in the broader education and training of clients and FirstService property management teams
Required skills and preferred experience include
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Certified Energy Manager or equivalent
· Minimum of 3+ years of energy management and/or HVAC experience
· Two years of experience selling or managing technical services including HVAC systems and retrofits, control systems, energy audits, energy retrofit projects and monitoring and verification programs
· Maintain a high degree of technical knowledge relevant to that required to fulfill the job responsibility
· Strong presentation and communication skills to educate clients and management teams
· Self-starter that has a demonstrated ability to work well in a small team environment
· Experience in managing client relationships, ability to work under pressure and maintain a strong work ethic.
· Strongly orientated towards responsiveness and customer service
· Creating and analyzing financial models including ROI calculations
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access)
· Knowledge of residential high-rise operations
Benefits and travel expectations
· The position will be based in Hollywood, Florida with travel to regional offices across Florida and Georgia
· Successful candidates will be expected to spend time in New York City during their 3 month initial onboarding and training period
· The position offers competitive salary, annual incentive plan, medical and dental benefits programs and 401k plans
Candidates with the above qualifications, please send your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
For more information please visit us at: