As the part of the Research Department, the Research Associate will be primarily responsible for assisting and coordinating research projects that help support SEPA’s membership and internal staff research needs.
• Assist in the development, data research, and ongoing maintenance of a new, online solar database integrated into SEPA’s website (primary initial responsibility)
• Assist with individual components of research projects such as reports, case studies, surveys, white papers, briefings, and other written and online materials
• Coordinate components of research projects with internal and external subject matter experts
• Research responses to technical inquiries from internal staff and external stakeholders, including media, general public, utility and solar industry members
• Prepare and review technical background material for presentations, conference sessions, workshops, website, educational events and other content for use by internal staff and SEPA’s members
• Update proprietary information and datasets, and develop and implement appropriate methods to communicate the information to the membership
• Update website library, tools, and other technical online content
• Other tasks as assigned
• Methodical and organized project assistant who can successfully work with cross-departmental teams to support technical projects needs
• Independent, self-starter who is passionate about the development and translation of technical information into a wide variety of concise, easy to understand communication formats for SEPA’s membership
• Conscientious and resourceful team member who can utilize their creativity and skills to identify new or more efficient methods of technical information management and presentation within SEPA’s existing project and strategic framework
• Analytical thinker with proven track record of completing short-term research tasks under time-sensitive deadlines, while continuing to manage long-term research projects through completion
• Dynamic individual who is comfortable using a variety of communications methods to work with organizational teams across multiple geographic locations
• Motivated learner who will build upon their current knowledge to become a subject-matter expert on topics that align with both personal and organizational interests related to solar and electric utilities.
• Demonstrated commitment to the accuracy of information and ability to maintain an objective and unbiased perspective on policy issues and other matters for which there is not unanimous agreement within the energy industry.
• Passion about SEPA’s mission.
• One or more years experience in a position requiring analytical or writing skills. Knowledge of electric utility, energy or solar industries preferred, but not required.
• Demonstration in past positions of commitment to the values core to SEPA: leadership, integrity, transparency, collaboration, approachability, responsiveness, expertise and balance.
• Demonstrated success working with remote employees preferred.
• Undergraduate degree required.
• Ability to handle typical office and computer related tasks.
• Ability to travel occasionally; less than 5%.
• Work location in Washington D.C. office
Apply on-line with cover letter and salary requirements directly to Solar Electric Power Association.
Direct applicants only
No search or placement firms