ACCIONA Windpower is a world leader in the design and production of wind turbine generators with over 2000 machines in operation worldwide. The AW-1500, 1.5 megawatt wind turbine was designed from the wind farm owner point-of-view making it one of the most reliable and efficient products in the marketplace.
Acciona Windpower North America seeks a Director of Wind Turbine Sales. This position will serve as a key member of our North America product and services sales team and will be repsonsible for expanding sales and business development activities for the Western U.S.
Responsibilities include sales lead generation, customer relationship development, and proposal development. contract preparation and negotiation. The Wind Turbine Sales Director will lead business development activities by assuring the timely and accurate response to request-for-proposals to include collecting and organizing financial, technical, commercial terms and legal information.
- Directly responsible for North American wind turbine sales activities meeting budgeted revenue and margin levels for assigned market segment.
- Develop negotiation strategies and either lead or co-lead negotiations with customers for turbine supply agreements for Turbine Supply and Installation, O&M, Warranty, and Service.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for receipt and development of quotations in support of Request-for-Proposals related to assigned market segment WTG sales. This includes the coordination of NDAs, gathering of technical information and final quotation preparation for review by company leadership prior to presentation to the customer.
- Manage in a highly professional manner all customer communications throughout sales process to include internal and external reporting.
- Work with Marketing Team to develop marketing material and brochures. Represent the company at Industry trade shows, conferences and customer meetings.
- In coordination with Finance Department and Project Management Team, report on the financial performance of each support or sales contract.
- Ensure agreements/contracts meet the company’s Quality and Safety standards to include federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations, where applicable.
- Analysis of WTG O&M and warranty cost performance against budget.
- Travel to project sites and customer meetings required ( up to 75% of time)
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related discipline; MBA degree a plus
- 5 - 7 years experience in capital equipment or construction sales
- 3 years concentration in wind turbine sales an absolute must
- Excellent communication skills, organizational ability and positive leadership
- In depth knowledge and use of negotiation skills
- Ability to successfully interact with key customer’s executive, development and construction management
- Ability to perform technical, economic feasibility analysis, and financial modeling
- Must possess a working understanding of contract administration, cost accounting, budgeting and compliance.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
For more information on Acciona Wind Power North America please visit our web site, www.acciona-na.com