The Solar Electric Power Association (SEPA) is a nonprofit organization representing electric utility, solar industry, and stakeholder members. SEPA's mission is to facilitate solutions for the use and integration of solar electric power by utilities, electric service providers, and their customers. More information about SEPA is available at www.solarelectricpower.org.
The Communications Associate is responsible for providing support to the Vice President of Outreach and Marketing Communications Manager, in the areas of communications, marketing and media relations. This position reports to the Communications and Marketing Manager.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in communications or marketing with 2 to 3 years of experience. Not-for-profit experience is a plus. This position requires quick learning, high organization, desire to grow and outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Interest in renewable energy and environmental issues is a plus.
• Ensures that all marketing and communications materials present the SEPA brand consistently
• Maintains the content and ‘look and feel’ of the SEPA website including updates, page creation, archiving, etc.
• Coordinates and distributes SEPA’s bi-monthly electronic newsletter to membership
• Assists in the development and manages distribution of broadcast emails to SEPA membership
• Administers list plans for all event, print and email promotions
• Creates print and online marketing pieces
• Monitors email blast metrics, website trends and search engine optimization performance
• Assists with implementation and tracking of print production and mailing projects
• Assists with development and management of communications department timelines, especially as it relates to other SEPA departments
• Tracks and provides monthly, quarterly and annual reports on communications projects
• Manages tracking and fulfillment of trade agreements with media partners
• Other tasks as assigned
• Related Bachelor’s degree (Marketing, PR/Media, Mass Communications, English, Journalism, etc.)
• 2 to 3 years marketing/communications experience in an office environment; non-profit experience a plus
• Exceptionally strong writing, proofing and editing skills
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Website editing skills and experience with content management systems (CMS)
• Experience with email marketing tools (i.e. Constant Contact, Magnet Mail, etc.)
• Moderate proficiency in design software (Adobe Creative Suite)
• Basic knowledge of HTML or willingness to learn
• Familiarity with Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
• Ability to complete a combination of short-term tasks, while managing long-term projects
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent time management and prioritization skills
• Interest in working in a fun, flexible, growing office environment
• Available to undertake occasional travel
Applicants may apply online at www.solarelectricpower.org in the About section, under Careers.
Direct applicants only
No search or placement firms
NO PHONE CALLS
PRINCIPALS ONLY - NO PLACEMENT FIRMS
Please apply through our website only. We are unable to respond to applications sent directly by email.