The role of Faculty is to effectively communicate with the students and help them achieve their educational goals. The instructor maximizes retention of students toward the completion of their programs and provides students by fostering a proper educational environment so that the students may derive the maximum benefits form the program for which they are enrolled.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teach all assigned classes and hours as determined with class assignments.
- Plan for instructional activities to include, but not limited to, lecture, class discussion, demonstration labs, and projects. Course outlines and syllabi should be given to students at the beginning of each course setting objectives determining multiple teaching strategies and student activities and evaluation of student learning.
- Organize concepts to be taught in a logical and understandable sequence covering all objectives as outlined in the course syllabus and lesson guides.
- Handle classroom routines which includes but not limited to the following:
2. Provide a classroom environment conducive to learning
3. Administer rules consistently and fairly
4. Establishing and maintaining classroom control
5. Return tests, labs and homework in a timely manner
- Use appropriate assessment tools shall be used that includes but are not limited to the following:
2. Submit and maintain accurate records of attendance, grades and Student Action Reports.
3. Submit all paperwork in a timely manner.
- Identify and assess students who are in need of additional instruction to successfully complete the course objectives and provide additional instruction to those students outside of class hours, as needed.
- Maintain expertise and technical competence in applicable field of study. If credentialed or certified, maintain all certifications and satisfy all requirements of the professional development plan.
- Attend all meetings, ceremonies and official functions as specified by the program director or the Campus Academic Dean.
- Adhere to published company guidelines in all matters concerning dress code.
- Performs any other duties, as assigned.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree, with an exception to the Bachelor’s Degree requirement allowed with properly documented exceptional professional experience in the assigned field
- Must have a minimum of 10,000 hours (5-years) of non-teaching experience, 1000 hours of which must be in the last 5-years
- May be a Guest Instructor – a person who has special experience or expertise in an area related to the subject matter to be taught. Use will be limited to not more than 20% of the program. Guest Instructors are exempt from faculty qualification requirements
3. Additional desired Faculty qualifications:
- Teaching experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint software
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our Company is committed to serving a diverse multicultural body of students in an atmosphere that promotes pride, respect and teamwork. To our campuses and campus communities, we commit to recruit an experienced and qualified faculty and staff who are reflective of the infinitely varied human talent available. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital or family status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
-No agencies or phone call