- Plating chemistry handling, make-up, analysis and maintenance.
- Plating equipment maintenance.
- Waste water treatment in accordance with all applicable regulations.
- Troubleshooting out of spec conditions.
- Contribute to team efforts to develop solutions to improve process flow or to address specific process problems. This may involve design of new components, redesign of existing components, identification of suitable off the shelf components, or adjustment of existing equipment.
- Contact and liaise with suppliers and manufacturers as needed to address any issues.
- Hands on work maintaining, installing or replacing equipment as needed.
- Execute system tests as needed, following existing test procedures and all safety protocols.
- Provide feedback on process and testing procedures in development.
- Maintain detailed record keeping and provide clear reporting of results.
- Contribute to EH&S program development and strict adherence.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned to achieve company goals.
- Take leadership role in identifying & resolving manufacturing concerns.
- Drive an integrated least cost, best practice strategy.
- Provide manufacturing inputs to quality assurance.
- Support variability reduction & lean manufacturing techniques.
- Provide technical support for specific plant operations.
- Manage the launch of current & future products on the production lines.
- Participate in training of employees.
- Support OSHA, QA & other AREVA Solar in house programs.
• broaden the group's offering in technologies for CO2-free energy production and, in particular, to offer decentralized energy supply;
• become a significant player in wind power, bioenergies and generation-scale solar power by participating in their rapid industrial development; and
• develop hydrogen energy and bring fuel cell and renewable energy storage solutions into commercial production.
Our operations cover three fields: generation-scale solar power, wind energy, bioenergies and hydrogen energy.
We are developing high power turbines that convert the wind's motive power into electricity. In October 2007, we acquired a 51% stake in Multibrid, a German manufacturer of offshore wind turbines.
AREVA Bioenergies, a branch of AREVA Renewable, has a solid experience in the biomass sector having designed and built more than 100 biopower facilities in Europe, Asia and South America with capacity of more than 2,500 megawatts.
Through our subsidiary Helion, we offer solutions for producing hydrogen by water electrolysis and for generating electricity with fuel cells. The fuel cell combines hydrogen and oxygen via a membrane, simultaneously creating water, heat and electricity. Reverse process is used in electrolysis. AREVA is assessing the use of this technology for storage solutions in other renewable energy segments.
A minimum of 10 years experience in a fast paced, challenging manufacturing environment, with a high school diploma or GED or a Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or related field and 5 years experience.
Hands-on experience with large volume chemical handling, mixing, storage and disposal.
- Hands-on experience with precious metal plating, analysis and control.
- Hands-on experience developing and working with waste treatment systems involving plating chemistry.
- Experience working with air quality control/exhaust systems
- High levels of analytical ability dealing with unique problem sets.
- Strong oral & written English language communication skills.
- Experience with training and managing a manufacturing team
- Good interpersonal skills. Able to relate to & communicate with all levels.
- Travel up to 25%
- Experience with EH&S best practices involving chemicals.
- Experience with continuous plating systems.
- Experience with automation and control systems a plus.
- Has a "hands-on" approach: proven experience that shows candidate is willing to jump in to perform detailed tasks.
- Ability to develop strong interpersonal networks within the organization.
- Experience in repetitive and project based manufacturing environments.
Please apply here