Design advanced control systems, including model predictive control, and develop boiler process control technical roadmap.
Implement control algorithms on computer and PLC platforms.
Develop and oversee characterization tests to demonstrate algorithm performance.
Define control system requirements in conjunction with product management.
Design controllers for non-minimum phase systems with significant time delays.
Perform system identification testing to build system models needed in control design.
Select optimal hardware and software platforms for controller implementation.
Implement controller on selected platforms, including interfaces to existing PLC infrastructure and simulation platform.
Write control software documentation and maintains software baseline.
Define and run simulation test suite to characterize design performance against requirements in conjunction with thermo-hydraulic simulation team.
Define and run test suite to characterize design performance at solar boiler test facility.
Perform sensitivity analysis to system parameters using simulation platform and solar boiler test facility.
Performs other duties as needed or assigned to achieve company goals.
- AREVA Solar, a part of AREVA Renewable, Inc., has a very large, international market and unique technology and service offerings. AREVA Solar exists to deliver turnkey CSP and CPV projects using technology solutions which AREVA controls. CSP and CPV projects each in excess of $100M are already advanced as a result of internal AREVA Solar business development and existing partnerships and planned acquisitions.
• broaden the group's offering in technologies for CO2-free energy production and in particular to offer decentralized energy supply;
• become a significant player in wind power and bioenergies by participating in their rapid industrial development; and
• develop hydrogen energy and bring fuel cell solutions into commercial production.
Our operations cover three fields: wind energy, bioenergies and hydrogen energy.
We are developing high power turbines that convert the wind's motive power into electricity. In October 2007, we acquired a 51% stake in Multibrid, a German manufacturer of offshore wind turbines.
AREVA Bioenergies, a branch of AREVA Renewable, has a solid experience in the biomass sector having designed and built more than 100 biopower facilities in Europe, Asia and South America with capacity of more than 2,500 megawatts.
Through our subsidiary Helion, we offer solutions for producing hydrogen by water electrolysis and for generating electricity with fuel cells. The fuel cell combines hydrogen and oxygen via a membrane, simultaneously creating water, heat and electricity. Reverse process is used in electrolysis.
- 7 plus years experience in implementing advanced process control.
- MS degree or higher in the physical sciences or engineering.
- Experience in programming PLCs, HMI experience a plus.
- A self-starter who can work independently and also thrive in a dynamic team environment.
- Proven ability to create clear documentation on technical topics for technical or non-technical audiences.
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills.
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Ability to climb ladders, lift objects up to 25 pounds.
- Wonderware experience preferred. Experience in networking (switching, routing) and Fieldbus technologies.
- Chemical Engineering, Mechancial Engineering, or Electrical Engineering preferred. PE desired.
- Multi-lingual (French, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, German) a plus.
- Has a "hands-on" approach: proven experience that shows candidate is willing to jump in to perform detailed tasks.
- Ability to develop strong interpersonal networks within the organization.
- Experience in controls engineering in the power industry.
Please apply here