Work within a task force to develop a solar segment-oriented global project management approach and training system based on AREVA's established PM concepts and tools.
Support business development in developing the operations/technical sales aspects of proposals and negotiation of awarded work.
Manage multiple smaller projects (<$100M) or a dedicated focus on larger, more complex projects (>$100M) integrating selected technology supplier support for FEED packages, outside engineering and construction companies for detailed engineering and bid package preparation, and construction management and project support services from resources inside AREVA.
Direct and coordinate project operations within budget according to the customer needs and current and to-be-established project governance, and the specific projects' plans, manuals and procedures.
Ensure, promote and monitor that all projects comply with customer and AREVA health, safety and environmental requirements in accordance with applicable law and with corporate quality requirements.
Oversee preparation of monthly internal management reports, including project financial results.
AREVA is a leader in the biomass energy sector, having designed and built more than 100 biopower facilities in Europe, Asia and South America, with total capacity of more than 2,500 megawatts. The company supplies its customers with integrated solutions for turnkey design and construction of carbon-neutral bioenergy power plants.
AREVA is reshaping the hydrogen industry by providing CO2-free hydrogen production. The company's solutions enable hydrogen to be produced via electrolysis and electricity to be generated from fuel cells, with no greenhouse gas emissions. Today, AREVA, through Helion, is working to deliver breakthrough solutions in hydrogen and energy storage and is piloting cutting-edge fuel cell research, to bring each customer the energy diversity it needs.
- BS Degree in engineering or applied sciences, with a minimum of twelve years relevant experience in project design/construction management in the power generation, renewable energy and/or solar power industries.
- Demonstrated increasing responsibility and project success with a solid work history.
- Significant previous exposure to both small and large industrial projects.
- Proven understanding of the challenges of employing emerging technologies on successful projects.
- Experience with and comfort in working on major international projects in challenging environments including the cultural challenge of using local resources in international locations.
- Understanding of the needs to support the operations and technical sales support role for business development.
- Knowledge of effective management approaches, tools and training for technology-based projects.
- Experience reporting directly to senior management and effectively working with multiple regional business units and practical technology applications.
- Demonstrated success in customer negotiation and management.
- Comfort in working in a "start-up" environment.
- Possess a proven commitment to quality and safety.
- Possess well developed communications skills in written, oral and presentation formats.
- Possess a project/goal-oriented focus.
- Possess proven leadership abilities.
- Master's Degree.
- PE desired.
- Possesses PMP Certification.
- Multilingual (English a necessity; French, Spanish, Portuguese, Hindi, Chinese, German) a plus.
- Has a "hands-on" approach: proven experience that shows candidate is willing to jump in to perform detailed tasks.
- Ability to develop strong interpersonal networks within the organization.
- Experience in project management in the renewable energy industry.