- Structural and stress analysis for nuclear power plant structures and components.
- Familiarity with OPG (Ontario Power Generation) and/or Bruce Power design and ECC (engineering change control) process. Qualified per ASME (American Society Mechanical Engineers) Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code Appendix XXIII to certify design reports and design drawings.
- Preparation of design specifications, load and capacity data sheets and stress calculations.
- Preparation of DCN (design change notice) packages and associated documents such as DBOMs (design bill of materials), change paper drawings, pipe supports design to ASME code Subsection NF, etc.
- Occasional visits to nuclear sites for walk downs and meetings. Must be able to obtain security clearance.
- Performing a variety of complex engineering assignments typically in areas of design, development, analysis, evaluation, testing, preparation of specifications, execution of field tasks and resolution of field problems.
- Ensuring compliance with government, organization and customer engineering standards.
- Independently evaluating, selectiing and applying a variety of technical techniques, processes, and criteria using judgment in making more complex adaptations and modifications.
- Developing new or adapted products, methods, systems or models to provide added value solutions to customer.
- Researching and assessing best practices, proposing methods and improvements.
- Working on special projects, as directed.
- Performing other related duties and tasks, as required.
Our 71,000 employees are committed to continuous improvement on a daily basis, making sustainable development the focal point of the group's industrial strategy.
AREVA's businesses help meet the 21st century's greatest challenges: making energy available to all, protecting the planet, and acting responsibly towards future generations.
- BS in Engineering or Engineering Technology plus 3-5 years of engineering experience. An advanced degree may be substituted for related experience (MS 1-2 yrs. or PhD 1-3 yrs).
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Ontario.
- ASME Appendix XXIII qualified for design and design analysis relating to structures and pipe supports to ASME Subsection NF.
- Familiar with ECC and Change Paper process.
- Security Clearance to work in nuclear power plants.
- Advanced knowledge of related engineering standards, techniques and criteria.
- Nuclear power plant experience.
- Good communication skills including the ability to comprehend and convey detailed technical data.
- Ability to develop and maintain good interpersonal relationships.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Self-starter and able to manage own work to meet deadlines.
Please apply here http://areva.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=397493&media_id=9469&src=EnergyJobSites