Manager, Fleet BCE09-109
Location: Kelowna, BC
Deadline for Applications: December 31, 2009
Reports to: Controller
Job Specification: The Manager Fleet has overall accountability for providing leadership and guidance in Fleet related matters of safety and compliance, and ensures the provision of the appropriate type, numbers and maintenance of vehicles and equipment. The scope of this position also includes, but is not limited to representation to external authorities in Fleet related matters and building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers. The Fleet Manager ensures the success of the organization through effective forecasting, budgeting, planning and development of the department members and their subsequent teams in the Kootenay’s and Okanagan.
· Provide leadership, direction and technical support to the Fleet Department
· Create and update Fleet related policy, procedure and systems that support compliance with regulations, legislation and corporate direction (Motor Vehicle Act, CSA Standards, Environment, Occupational Health & Safety Regulations, etc.)
· Prepare and manage short/long term capital and operating budgets that ensure ongoing appropriate inventory type, levels and condition
· Execute the budgeted Fleet supply process according to organizational and customer requirements
· Negotiate pricing, purchasing and service agreements to maximize value at the lowest reasonable cost
· Develop and maintain relationships with enforcement officers, inspectors, suppliers, and customers that support and ensure FortisBC success
· Ensure the efficiency and continuous improvement of Fleet service processes
· Mentor and coach others on effective performance feedback, reward and recognition and progressive disciplinary action
· Provide and or ensure support services (information, statistics, references, training, etc.) to FortisBC from a Fleet perspective
Special Skill Requirements:
· Demonstrated leadership skills – ability to provide clear focus and direction to meet objectives
· Independent and strong decision maker
· Solid business and financial skills
· Drive for results – ability to meet and exceed goals successfully
· Excellent interpersonal skills (written/oral) to effectively communicate with customers, suppliers, crews, staff and public
· Demonstrated knowledge of safe work practices
· Advanced computer skills including Excel, Word, Power Point, and Visio Understanding of the relationship between fleet products and processes, and the electric utility business requirements (generation, stations, transmission, distribution)
Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
· Post secondary education in business or related discipline
· Financial/Accounting/Purchasing education and background considered an asset
· Minimum 5 years related experience in a leadership role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
· Experience in a unionized environment with the ability to interpret collective agreements
· Current valid driver’s license and presentable abstract
FortisBC offers progressive employment practices, with an “earned day off program” (E-Days) along with flexibility in hours of work and a competitive benefits package. This is an exempt position and salary will commensurate with experience.
Please note: Apply directly to the careers email email@example.com or fax 866-610-5137 with Reference code: Manager, Fleet BCE09-109. Help us to conserve and protect our environment by applying on line to avoid unnecessary paper usage.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
FortisBC is an Equal Opportunity Employer