Director Engineering Services BCE09-107
Location: Kelowna, BC
Deadline for Applications: December 31, 2009
Reports to: Vice President, Engineering and Operations
Job Specification: The Director Engineering Services has overall accountability for the development, integration and implementation of FortisBC’s Generation, Transmission and Distribution infrastructure plans to provide long term, safe, reliable and cost effective service to customers. The scope of this position also includes network planning, construction and maintenance, negotiation of network agreements, risk management and system reliability performance. All will be achieved through a team of professionals under your demonstrated leadership, direction and influence to exceed goals and objectives in a high paced and demanding environment.
· Provide overall leadership, direction and planning within the engineering group
· Develop and maintain electrical infrastructure investment plans
· Provide engineering support for operations, maintenance of the electrical system and implementation of the departments capital plan
· Oversee project management functions in terms of safety, quality, schedule and cost
· Develop regulatory submissions, defense and approval of the department’s capital plans
· Manage and develop budgets and deployment of all related capital and operating funds with a focus on generating efficiencies
· Participate in the regulatory process, building and maintaining relationships with external stakeholders
· Ensure and deliver exemplary customer service to internal and external customers
· Mentor and coach others on effective performance feedback, reward and recognition and progressive disciplinary action
Special Skill Requirements:
· Demonstrated leadership skills – ability to provide clear focus and direction to meet objectives
· Demonstrated ability to analyze, determine course of action and lead change
· Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
· Independent and strong decision maker
· Solid business and financial skills
· Drive for results – ability to meet and exceed goals successfully
Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
· Degree in Electrical Engineering with professional eligibility in British Columbia
· Finance or Business Degree would be an asset
· Minimum 15 years utility experience, preferably electrical Transmission and Distribution related; experience includes working with operations, regulatory, finance, corporate services and customer service departments
· Proven leadership experience at various levels
· Experience participating in regulatory proceedings and submissions
· Direct responsibility and experience in managing large projects and leading contract negotiations
Employees of Fortis Inc and subsidiaries are eligible for a $3,000.00 Employee Referral Reward! Please Click here to request a Referral Form: Referral Form
FortisBC offers progressive employment practices, with an “earned day off program” (E-Days) along with flexibility in hours of work and a competitive benefits package. This is an exempt position and salary will commensurate with experience.
Please note: Apply directly to the careers email email@example.com or fax 866-610-5137 with Reference code: Director, Engineering Services - BCE09-107. Help us to conserve and protect our environment by applying on line to avoid unnecessary paper usage.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
FortisBC is an Equal Opportunity Employer