Manager, Network Services BCE09-108
Location: Trail, BC
Deadline for Applications: December 31, 2009
Reports to: Director, Network Operations
Job Specification: Manager, Network Services has overall accountability for providing safe and reliable electrical service to our Kootenay & boundary customers, through building and maintaining exemplary customer service. This will be achieved through a change management influence and participative leadership in the development of the Supervisor, Foremen, Regional Planner and subsequent teams, including a number of support and administrative employees. The scope of this position also includes, but is not limited, to Teck-Cominco’s & Columbia Power Corporation’s T&D facilities and the execution of all projects and programs from design/estimation through to completion.
· Ensure work is executed in compliance with internal and external safety standards and regulations.
· Deliver a high level of quality electrical service to customers in the Kootenay & Boundary area.
· Build and manage relationships with area customers, community and business leaders and key community organizations; develop innovative solutions to customer-identified opportunities.
· Mentor and coach others on effective performance feedback, reward and recognition and progressive disciplinary action
· Manage the area operating and capital budgets with a focus on generating cost efficiencies, improved work methods and recognize the benefits of capital projects.
· Minimize bureaucracy, with a priority on streamlining our key customer contacts
· Ensure operational and financial success and justification for local projects to meet the business/customer requirement
· Develop, implement and lead change of best practices in conjunction with other managers
Special Skill Requirements:
· Demonstrated leadership skills – ability to provide clear focus and direction to meet objectives
· Demonstrated ability to analyze, determine course of action and lead change
· Exceptional ability to influence others in a climate of change and build lasting relationships
· Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
· Independent and strong decision maker
· Solid business and financial skills
· Drive for results – ability to meet and exceed goals successfully
· Ability to balance and prioritize the interests of numerous stakeholders and multiple issues
Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
· Degree in Electrical Engineering, Journeyman Trades Certification, or equivalent
· Finance or business degree would be an asset
· 10 years experience in an electrical utility environment, with 5 years of progressive leadership of both union and non-union employees
· Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Employees of Fortis Inc and subsidiaries are eligible for a $3,000.00 Employee Referral Reward! Please Click here to request a Referral Form: Referral Form
FortisBC offers progressive employment practices, with an “earned day off program” (E-Days) along with flexibility in hours of work and a competitive benefits package. This is an exempt position and salary will commensurate with experience.
Please note: Apply directly to the careers email email@example.com or fax 866-610-5137 with Reference code: Manager, Network Services-BCE09-108. Help us to conserve and protect our environment by applying on line to avoid unnecessary paper usage.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
FortisBC is an Equal Opportunity Employer