Looking for an exciting opportunity to work as a SR Quality Engineer? Areva T&D has just the opportunity for you!
AREVA T&D is currently seeking a Sr Quality Engineer - Production. The Senior Design Quality Engineer will serve as the primary Quality Assurance representative for new product development projects. This person will provide feedback regarding the integrity and acceptance of design proposals as well as make recommendations concerning possible improvements or enhancements. The Senior Design Quality Engineer will also lead and participate in multi-departmental working groups to modify / generate new procedures as well as coordinate their implementation. He or she will lead efforts to investigate and resolve related quality issues and properly document these incidents. This person shall also assist, as necessary, in the implementation and maintenance of the company's quality management system as well as the general continuous improvement of the company's systems, processes, and products. The primary role will include:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Serves as primary Quality Assurance representative in R&D development project working groups
- Participates in and provides feedback / recommendation in R&D development project Gate Reviews
- Works with Production Industrial Engineers, QA Production Quality Engineers and R&D Project Managers to generate applicable quality procedures and processes
- Evaluates R&D design proposals from multiple perspectives to determine integrity and validity
- Works with Production Industrial Engineers and QA Production Quality Engineers to modify / develop, coordinate the implementation, and verify the effectiveness of Production procedures and processes
- Leads multi-departmental working groups to investigate and resolve outstanding design quality issues and processes
- Works with R&D, Inventory Control, Production, and Purchasing to define and document part handling and storage requirements
- Generates and documents reports to record quality issues
- Suggests and debates alternative methods and procedures in order to problem solve and to assist the organization in meeting changing technical and market requirements
- Identifies areas for improvement and proposes, implements, and reviews effectiveness of subsequent corrective action(s)
- Supports the Quality Assurance Manager in the maintenance of the Company's Quality Management System; Develops new procedures and work instructions, where appropriate
- Uses the Company's electronic databases for the documentation of quality related data; Employs statistical methods to measure and analyze quality data as required
- Participates and provides input, as required, relative to contract, project, and design reviews; Confers with Engineers in order to assure quality of new products and/or designs
- Develops, directs, and implements quality assurance training for personnel as necessary
- Performs other duties as necessary or assigned.
AREVA T&D - The AREVA T&D division is an active player around the globe. It designs, manufactures and supplies a complete range of equipment, systems and services for all stages in the transfer of electricity, from the generator to the large end-user.
AREVA - With manufacturing facilities in 41 countries and a sales network in more than 100, AREVA offers customers reliable technological solutions for CO2-free power generation and electricity transmission and distribution. We are the world leader in nuclear power and the only company to cover all industrial activities in this field. Our 65,000 employees are committed to continuous improvement on a daily basis, making sustainable development the focal point of the group's industrial strategy. AREVA's businesses help meet the 21st century's greatest challenges: making energy available to all, protecting the planet, and acting responsibly towards future generations.
We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and flexible work options, as well as a uniquely diverse and unified team of professionals. Our culture supports an environment where employees can continuously learn and gain professional growth through education, exciting projects and career mobility. AREVA recognizes your achievements and excellent performance through various performance incentive, recognition and reward programs. Our commitment is to you, the employee.
Come work in an environment that is driven by integrity, innovation and visionary thinking. Join AREVA today, revolutionize the energy industry and energize your future!
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Please apply here http://areva.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobd etail.ftl?lang=en&job=386013&m edia_id=9469&src=EnergyJobSites
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from a four-year college or university in a technical field and
- 5+ years experience in quality assurance related to a manufacturing environment (or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.