- Development of detailed specifications for the main process equipment (boiler, turbine, air-cooled condenser, fuel handling)
- Management of interfaces between equipment and systems.
- Development of datasheets and specification for mechanical balance of plant equipments (pumps, tanks, heat exchangers, demineralized water, compressed air, etc…)
- Development requests for proposal and performing technical evaluation of proposals for mechanical equipment
- Develop and maintain the mechanical equipment list
- Perform necessary mechanical calculations and validate vendor calculations.
- Interface with the civil, electrical and I&C engineers on support requirements
- Understand and incorporate operations and maintenance comments in system design
- Follow up with equipment manufacturers
- Follow up with the mechanical erection contractor
- Validation of suppliers and subcontractors documents
Our 71,000 employees are committed to continuous improvement on a daily basis, making sustainable development the focal point of the group's industrial strategy.
AREVA's businesses help meet the 21st century's greatest challenges: making energy available to all, protecting the planet, and acting responsibly towards future generations.
AREVA RENEWABLE Inc.
AREVA is strongly committed to renewable as part of its strategy to provide its customers with innovative, environmentally friendly sources of energy. The Business Unit AREVA Renewable Inc. offers a portfolio of renewable solutions including wind power, bioenergies and hydrogen energy. AREVA Bioenergies, a branch of AREVA Renewable Inc., has a solid experience in the biomass sector having designed and built more than 100 biopower facilities in Europe, Asia and South America with capacity of more than 2,500 megawatts.
On September 24, 2008, AREVA and Duke Energy announced the formation of ADAGE™, an innovative joint venture dedicated to the development of green biopower energy solutions for U.S. electricity customers with the aim of becoming a US market leader in the Biopower activity. AREVA Bioenergies will be in charge of designing and building the biomass power plants developed by ADAGE on an EPC basis.
AREVA Renewable Inc. is looking for talents and skilled resources to form its US team to handle the engineering, procurement and construction of biomass power plants to be built across US.
- Engineer IV: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/Engineering Technology with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience.
- Principal Engineer: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/Engineering Technology with a minimum of 7-10 years of experience.
- Advisory Engineer: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/Engineering Technology with a minimum of 12 years of experience.
- The candidate shall have a minimum at 5 to 10 years experience specifically as a mechanical engineer in an EPC environment, working on thermal power plant projects or projects using steam cycle (coal, waste-to-energy, biomass, combined-cycle, oil & gas).
- Expertise in one of the main packages (boiler and/or turbine).
- Experience with US erection contractors and different construction labor schemes (open shop, closed shop, union shop).
- Specific knowledge in piping, and specifically alloyed piping, in term of definition, specification, sourcing, prefabrication of spools and assemblies will be considered a plus.
- Candidate shall be rigorous, autonomous and shall demonstrate good capacity to work in an integrated team.
- Experience with validation and processing of suppliers and subcontractors documents/drawings.
- Experience with providing input to estimating for mechanical equipment and mechanical bulks (specifically piping) is a plus.
- Experience with Requests for Proposals.
- Team oriented.
- Fluent in English.
- Results driven.
Please apply here http://areva.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?la ng=en&job=378494&media_id=9469&src=Energ yJobSites