Senior Sourcing Co-ordinator - Valves
Based in Stafford, UK
With 71,000 employees in over 100 countries, AREVA offers customers reliable technological solutions for CO2-free generation and electricity transmission and distribution. AREVA's T&D division employs 23,000 people and is an active player around the globe. It designs, manufactures and supplies a complete range of equipment, systems and services for all stages in the transfer of electricity, from the generator to the large end-user. AREVA T&D UK Ltd - Power Electronic Activities, Stafford is an international leader in Power Electronics and Control Technology, specialising in the engineering of High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) Transmission Systems, Static VAR Compensators (SVC) and other FACTS Systems for power utilities worldwide. The HVDC unit PES is currently experiencing significant growth and for those seeking a challenge it is an exciting time to join the HVDC unit and make a significant difference in supporting the Purchasing Director in leading a team moving from a purchasing to a sourcing environment with extensive supply chain development in project delivery.
- Identify robust commodity strategies, identify all negotiation levers and build a plan for both local and international suppliers for the given sourcing segment with recommendations based on Vendor Assessments in line with business objectives.
- Provide ongoing cost reduction strategies to contribute to cost competitiveness at tender and project savings targets.
- Understand target costing, define total acquisition costs and develop cost configurator/tender tools for commercial bids.
- Implement sourcing segment cost reduction activities through Strategic Opportunity Countries (SOC) in conjunction with AREVA SOC sourcing delegations.
- Identify, manage and implement plans to remove/mitigate supply chain risks.
- Ensure effective supplier selection and approval.
- Develop and implement framework agreements/price matrices for the given sourcing segment
- Master basic contracts and related legal aspects, plus specific conditions and Incoterms for international purchases implementing effective contract management to secure supply and cost.
- Develop and manage supplier relationships to identify opportunities to develop world class suppliers and supply chains.
- Actively participate in Research and Development (R&D) activities in cost reduction activities
- Monitor and improve supplier performance (for example on time delivery)
- To supervise the workload of a Sourcing Coordinator Valves.
- Develop and optimise sourcing synergies with other AREVA T&D System units.
- Ensure compliance to the AREVA Environmental and Health and Safety policies, in relation to the supply chain activities
- Comply with AREVA Values Charter and ensure supply chain participation in Sustainable Development agreements
You will be educated to degree level or equivalent (preferably within Engineering or another relevant discipline), with proven experience in a Commodity/Procurement role. You will also have experience in tender and project execution management with Commercial awareness. Membership of Institute of Purchasing and Supply or Training for CIPS would be advantageous. You will have specific knowledge of advanced Sourcing Methods, and experience in Project/Supply Chain interface. In addition, you will have excellent communication / interpersonal skills and be computer literate. You will be fluent in English (a knowledge of French in addition would be advantageous, although not essential).
As accredited users of the "Positive About Disabled People" symbol, we will consider all applicants on the basis of their abilities and will offer an interview to all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria of the role.
For certain roles we can provide assistance in obtaining a work permit. However, there is a requirement for the candidate to be able to meet certain criteria set by the Home Office. Please refer to the following link to complete a self assessment. You will be asked of confirmation of your self assessment when you apply.
No Agencies Please
Recruitment Agencies are employed by AREVA T&D UK Limited on a proactive basis. AREVA therefore ask that agencies do not contact us on a speculative basis, as AREVA do not accept unsolicited CVs or sales calls. CVs submitted without written invitation from a member of the AREVA Human Resources Department will be deemed to be unsolicited. If you submit any candidate through a speculatively sent CV to AREVA, ie, a CV which has not been invited in writing in accordance with the previous paragraph, AREVA reserve the right to pursue and hire that candidate, without any obligation to your Agency or any third-party, where we can prove that we have already received that person's details through an independent means.
AREVA currently have a "Preferred Supplier List" in place and we are not looking to extend this to other agencies beyond this list for the foreseeable future. However, if you want to be considered for inclusion in this list in due course, you may submit your company details via firstname.lastname@example.org
quoting 'Agency Information' in the subject line for future consideration, Please be aware that we do not use agencies for Graduate and Placement Opportunities.
You may submit your company details via email@example.com
quoting 'Agency Information' in the subject line for future consideration.