Administrative Assistant for AREVA Newport News-ADM00312
LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING OPPORTUNITY?
ENJOY A NEW EXCITING CAREER IN A GROWING INDUSTRY!
AREVA is seeking an Administrative Assistant at AREVA Newport News, LLC, located in Newport News, VA. This qualified candidate will be responsible to:
- Manage documents to be stored or removed from electronic databases
- Manage revision control of multiple technical documents
- Maintain document inventories with particular attention to revisions, priority of documents, distribution, etc
- Take notes at technical review/construction planning meetings and quickly and accurately prepare clear, coherent meeting minutes from them. Distribute minutes after review and approval by manager.
- Assist manager with distribution and filing of documents, both electronically and in paper form.
- Handle advanced level administrative tasks for multiple members of the staff with accuracy, speed and timeliness.
- Create and edit complex documents incorporating technical vocabulary, chemical formulas, mathematical calculations, data, graphs, and tables. Develop and prepare presentation-quality materials.
- Assist managers with optimum usage of their time.
- Be proactive in development and implementation of administrative and technical process improvements.
- Provide telephone coverage as needed, screen telephone calls, fulfill the request, seek the answer and respond or escalate to the appropriate person.
- Perform a wide variety of other functions or project-related activities such as database entry, filing, preparation of recurring internal reports, customer files, performance appraisal tracking and man-hours tracking.
- May collect and update data for monthly reports issued to customer on financial and commercial progress of tasks, process work authorizations, examine customer authorizations and circulate through approvals in a timely manner to assure information for invoicing.
- Review outgoing correspondence for accuracy, signatures, and conformance with procedures. Keep manager alerted to publications, new items, regulatory changes, and professional correspondence of significance to the business operations.
- Make decisions regarding short-term priorities and work activities, requiring interpretation of guidelines, policies, procedures, or project parameters.
- Assist in preparation of LLC monthly activity report to include obtaining inputs, compilation of information, preparation of final report for signature, and distribution of final report.
- Demonstrate significant knowledge of department/location and work unit products, services, operations, practices and procedures. Demonstrate working knowledge of company products and services, business organizations and corporate policies and procedures.
- Anticipate and/or identify needs and issues within the organization and proactively initiate or facilitate solutions. Problem solving may require some analysis using available information or seeking advice and assistance from support organizations.
- Play an active role in creating a safe and healthy workplace and complies with all applicable safety and health rules.
AREVA NP is dedicated to the design and construction of nuclear power plants and research reactors, instrumentation and control, modernization and maintenance services, components manufacture and the supply of nuclear fuel.
With manufacturing facilities in 43 countries and a sales network in more than 100, AREVA offers customers reliable technological solutions for CO2-free power generation and electricity transmission and distribution. We are the world leader in nuclear power and the only company to cover all industrial activities in this field.
Our 71,000 employees are committed to continuous improvement on a daily basis, making sustainable development the focal point of the group's industrial strategy.
AREVA's businesses help meet the 21st century's greatest challenges: making energy available to all, protecting the planet, and acting responsibly towards future generations.
AREVA supports a safety conscious work environment and nuclear safety culture by aggressively promoting the identification and correction of safety issues and fostering a conservative decision making environment that drives nuclear safety.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity.
- High School diploma plus 5-7 years in the field or in a related work area. Associates Degree in Business or Office Administration with 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Exercise discretion with confidential matters.
- Ability to take notes and turn them into coherent meeting minutes.
- Demonstrated expertise in word processing, spreadsheets, desk top applications, and/or database management within Windows environment.
- Ability to learn new computer systems and database applications
- Ability to become familiar with the company's safety and health policy program.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Experience in a manufacturing or technical environment (such as an engineering office).
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks and setting priorities.
- Be a team leader and able to work with all levels of personnel with courtesy and respect.
We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and flexible work options, as well as a uniquely diverse and unified team of professionals. Our culture supports an environment where employees can continuously learn and gain professional growth through education, exciting projects and career mobility. AREVA recognizes your achievements and excellent performance through various performance incentive, recognition and reward programs. Our commitment is to you, the employee.
Come work in an environment that is driven by integrity, innovation and visionary thinking. Join AREVA today, revolutionize the energy industry and energize your future!
Primary Location NORTH AMERICA-United States-Virginia-Newport News
Organization AREVA NP
Number of Openings 1