Wanted, a Research Specialist capable of accessing federal and state public records to compile and analyze gas, electric and water company public utility commission corporate filings. Our researcher needs to pay special attention to energy efficiency legal filings including energy conservation plans and demand response programs looking directly for plans that include energy efficiency products. Much of what’s available can be found at each states utility commission web page and utility industry stakeholders, including manufacturers, utilities, trade associations, retailers, and energy efficiency advocates.
Search Topic: Energy Efficient Products Program provide financial incentives and support to retailers that sell energy efficient products, such as Energy Star® qualified appliances or compact fluorescent light bulbs. The program includes promotional support, point-of-sale materials, training, promotional events and rebates for select appliances. Also includes existing catalogue sales channel.
Job Requirements will include:
- Identify by state each gas, electric, and water provider.
- Produce energy efficiency filings by utility company and separate into resource and organize by filing plan date with term of agreement.
- Separate programs filed with the programs approved by the state.
- List interveners to each filing and company reaction to each issue.
- Analyze every approved filing for Energy Efficiency programs and break down between residential and commercial. Record specific goals like KWH savings, BTU or Terms savings, and spending goals or limits.
- Collect approved residential filings and separate into program plans, such as in-home audits, efficiency products, and appliance rebate programs.
- Compile a list of utility companies required to provide customers any form of product rebate, buy down, discount, point of sale promotion or any form of purchase incentive.
- Compile a list of utilities using CFLs in their energy efficiency program.
- Compile a list of utilities using any form of direct distribution of energy efficiency products in their energy efficiency program.
- Organize all findings into a comprehensive catalog of utility company energy efficiency programs required, offered or proposed in each state.
- PC Skills
- Experience in a government (state or federal) role or other agencies: DOE, EnergyStar, ACEEE, EEI, EERE, IEA, ASE
- College Education Required
Salary commensurate with experience