This post has expired! It was posted more than 90 days ago.
Under direct supervision, operates primary, secondary, and fire systems of the plant, and associated auxiliaries.
Reports To: Shift Manager
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: (*essential job functions)
1. Participate in a formal training program to complete qualifications on four non-licensed watch stations at site (Outside, Turbine Building, Auxiliary Building, and Fire/Safety).
2. Makes periodic rounds to check condition of equipment, and for safe work environment.
3. Monitors system operation by observing instruments, making inspections and listening.
4. Assists in handling new and spent fuel under supervision of an NRC licensed Senior Reactor Operator.
5. Assists in running periodic tests on equipment and systems as required by Tech Specs.
6. Acquires knowledge of integrated plant operation.
7. Operators provide on-shift fire brigade.
8. The Fire and Safety Watch (FASW) acts as leader for fire brigade, emergency medical/first aid, confined space rescue and hazardous material spill.
9. Operators are responsible for accurate documentation and record keeping, as required by procedures.
10. Must be a certified First Responder.
11. Performs assigned duties in the Emergency Response Organization (ERO) as assigned.
Knowledge: Knowledge of Pressurized Water Reactor (PWR) &/or Boiling Water Reactor (BWR) plant systems.
Skills/Abilities: Candidates should have high personal initiative, good oral, written, computer, mathematical and interpersonal skills. The ability to read, write and analyze reports and written materials, e.g. piping and instrument diagrams. The ability to see, hear, and speak to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper safety conditions.
Must meet Section 4.5.1 of ANSI Standard N18.1-1971 (CNG, CCNPP, GNA, and NMP1) and/or ANSI Standard 3.1-1978 (NMP2). All operators must have a high school diploma or equivalent and should possess a high degree of manual dexterity and mature judgment. Four years experience in power plant operations and/or equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Navy Nuclear Power Prototype Training) OR three years in power plant operations and two years experience in fire fighting and/or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Satisfactory completion of the Plant Operator Selection System (POSS) nuclear test.
Additional desired considerations for Fire and Safety Watch (FASW) station:
1. Qualified as Firefighter or Industrial Fire Fighter and First Responder or equivalent.
2. Must be able to qualify as Level 1 Surveillance Test Inspector.
3. Valid Level 1 authorization or appropriate Commercial Driver License.
4. Must successfully complete and maintain Level 1 Surveillance Test.
Safety Consciousness, Decision Quality, Problem Solving, Dealing with Ambiguity, Customer Focus, Results Driven, Business Relationship, Technical/Professional Knowledge.
1. Meet the requirements of Company and Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) psychological, drug, alcohol, and medical testing policies and/or regulations.
2. The ability to wear a respirator and work with a 20 pound weight on the back is required. Exceptions will be considered on an individual basis.
3. Satisfactorily complete General Employee Training (GET).
4. Satisfactorily complete required background checks.
5. Recent convictions for crimes reasonably related to the activities of this job may disqualify an applicant.
6. Ability to meet and maintain unescorted access requirements of a commercial nuclear power plant.
7. Incumbents in this position will be required to fill a Fleet Outage Response Team position; this would include assignments at Constellation Nuclear Group (CNG), Calvert Cliffs (CCNPP), R. E. Ginna (GNA), and/or Nine Mile Point (NMP).
8. Must be available for on-call status.
9. Job requires rotating shift work including holiday and weekend work.
10. Incumbents will be required to work outdoors in all conditions, climbing, working from ladders and platforms, exposure to heat, dirt, noise, and radiation.
11. Ability to serve on the Emergency Response Organizational when called.
12. Successful completion of Initial Training and/or Watch Station Qualifications.
13. Regular and consistent attendance is essential to the performance of the position.