Atomic Energy of Canada Limited (AECL) is an integrated nuclear technology company providing services to nuclear utilities worldwide. Our 5000 employees are focused on the support of CANDU power reactors and related products.
Working with a dedicated team of professionals who are supporting CANDU Nuclear Power Plants, you will be responsible for:
· Design of reactor control and monitoring systems and safety systems for advanced or existing stations
· Design of high-integrity in-plant electrical supply and distribution systems for the supply of electrical power to plant systems
· Specification and procurement of electrical and control and instrumentation components and
· Testing and analysis of electrical and control and instrumentation systems and equipment for use in new and existing stations
· Design, development, testing and deployment of control and electrical systems for specialized automated or remotely controlled tooling that is used in the removal and replacement of reactor components
· Engineering support to utility operations for repairs, replacements and modifications to plant systems, equipment and components
· Engineering guidance to technicians and trades at nuclear power plants in Canada and abroad during major refurbishment
Qualifications/Skills & Attributes
· 4 year Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering
· Relevant experience is an asset
· Ability to communicate effectively – verbal & written
· Ability to respond to pressure to meet deadlines
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
· Ability to work in a team as well as individually
AECL Head Office is located in Sheridan Park, Mississauga. From this location, engineers and support staff design, procure and construct CANDU Nuclear Power Plants worldwide and complete specialized service work and major refurbishment projects on various older CANDU stations.
AECL has current refurbishment and reactor core replacement projects of CANDU reactors at 3 of our sites. These sites include Bruce Power in Ontario, Point Lepreau in New Brunswick, and Wolsong in South Korea. These projects give employees the opportunity for travel and at the same time gain valuable field experience.
AECL has an Employment Equity Program and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn More about AECL visit our website at www.aecl.ca