AltaLink Management Ltd. Career Opportunity
On-Site Work Leader (B Foreman)
At AltaLink, we know transmission. It’s our business to make sure the lights stay on and that customers have access to the most cost-effective electrical supply.
In an independent benchmarking study of 50 North American utilities, AltaLink ranked in the top quartile for cost, efficiency and reliability, and we rank number one overall in safety performance.
The North Transmission crew has an opening for an On-Site Work Leader. Under the supervision of the Transmission Line Manager and the direction of the Transmission Line Foreman, the On-Site Work Leader is accountable to coordinate and provide on-site leadership in the building, maintaining and modifying of the Transmission Line System, while performing all aspects of a Journeyman.
- Ensure a safe work environment for all AltaLink employees, contractors and visitors
- Ensure development and documentation of Safe Work Plans
- Manage team concerns on-site and assign tasks/projects on-site as required
- Review, interpret and coordinate work practices, ensuring that all practices meet or exceed existing policies or regulations
- Instruct personnel in duties, safe work practices, use and care of tools and equipment, assist in training/development of junior team members through mentorship and assessment
- Organize/conduct record keeping functions associated with the project
- Manage the Transmission crew during times when the Transmission Lineman Foreman is absent
-Journeyman Lineman Certificate with a minimum 5 years experience in Transmission Power Line Construction/Maintenance.
- Must hold a valid and current Class 3 Alberta driver's license with a Q-Air endorsement; Class 1 driver's license would be an asset. Driver's abstract to be provided upon attendance of an interview
-Certified in TDG, WHMIS and First Aid
-Experience in both Live Line Hot Stick and Live Line Bare Hand power line construction/maintenance is an asset
- Experience in the safe operation and maintenance of a variety of vehicles and equipment utilized for powerline construction and maintenance
-Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and knowledge of safe rigging practices
-Operate vehicles and equipment in a competent and safe manner at all times
-Strong leadership capability through problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills and have demonstrated experience to successfully deal with internal and external customers/stakeholders
- Effective team player capable of creating a positive work environment that inspires and mentors team members to meet and exceed expectations
-Ability to interpret and manage competing priorities under time constraints
-Knowledge of policies, procedures and regulations impacting the Power Line environment
-Understanding fundamentals of contracts and experience in managing contracts/contractors is an asset
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY ONLINE to http://www.altalink.ca
Only the candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.